Most of us have heard of Famitsu, it’s one of the most popular video game magazines in Japan. In the latest issue of a branch magazine which covers more general topics for adults and family, Otona Fami, is a small nugget of an interview with the creator of Naruto, Masashi Kishimoto! He mentions that Naruto still has more surprises left and will last longer than expected! Check out the interview below!
- Question: Let us ask you something about your exciting work, that is so greatly admired. Has the end of Naruto already been decided?
- Kishimoto-sensei: Not everything is set in stone just yet. For example, I haven’t decided on the events that lead to the end, but the end itself has been decided pretty clearly. So from here on out it will just be a matter of running towards that point.
- Question: In that case, do you have in mind how the very last volume will flow?
- Kishimoto-sensei: No, you won’t be able to read something like that just yet (laugh). The story really hasn’t progressed as much as I was expecting. About three years ago, at Jump Festa, I said that I would give Kakashi more to do in the manga. However, I still haven’t been able to do that. Honestly, I myself don’t know how much it will take. Nishio-san, who takes care of the character designs for the anime, also asked me for how long the story would continue and I answered “About one year and a half”. But it seems like it will take longer than that.
- Question: Can we expect any more surprises?
- Kishimoto-sensei: There are still quite a few. Some characters who originally weren’t going to appear will come up again. And then, well, things are going to get exciting with Naruto, so please give me your support.
If we keep track of the manga by now the idea that the Naruto will end soon is running thought our head, as we post last week Gantz is reaching his final chapter and maybe soon Naruto , How the fan will feel if the manga End this year?